June 4, 2007

From the Beach ...

Greetings from the New Jersey beach. While I am on vacation this week with the family, I encourage you to be checking in with Tony Reinke over at the Shepherd's Scrapbook blog. Tony attended last week's Banner of Truth Ministers' Conference and, since there was just too much to blog from the conference last week, Tony is running a series on his site this week that reviews the sessions. It's great; don't miss this first-time attender's perspective and review of the conference that YOU will hopefully be attending (either again or for the first time) next year. Blessings to you all ... now I'm headed out to build a sand castle with my youngest!
Steve
PS - I'll be back online Monday, June 11th, from the PCA's General Assembly in Memphis.
------------------------
ADDENDUM, WEDNESDAY, June 6th - We're having a GREAT week at the beach! Good weather, lots of sand and fun. I met one guy from a neighboring house that I took a walk with this morning; I always wonder what the Lord has planned by causing our two lives to intersect this week. His name is Joe. We shall see ...
ADDENDUM, SATURDAY, JUNE 9th - Home safe! We had a good week.

8 comments:

NPE said...

Steve

Remember to build the sandcastle upon a rock, because a house built upon the sand will not stand.

Have a nice time on holiday- you have earned it after last week!

Richard Rushing said...

Steve, It was great to meet you at the conference. I appreciate all the hard work that you put in. We shared in some rich times of fellowship and preaching. I hope you have a nice vacation. Your Friend, Richard Rushing.

Anonymous said...

Hey U.Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope you have a great vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-luke

Steve Burlew said...

Nate - Thanks for the encouragement, and application. The week's going really well; lots of "down" time. Ahhhhhhh.
:-)

Steve Burlew said...

Richard - It was great to meet you, also; I just wish we had had more time, but I guess that's understandable for that week! So good that you could be at the conference. I hope you're able to make the trip again next year.

Steve Burlew said...

Luke! You are TOO funny! Thanks.

Unknown said...

I got the book you sent me! THANKS!!!!!!

I will certainly contact you when the conference approaches.

Steve Burlew said...

Bradley - That's great. I may be coming closer to you this fall, september perhaps. I'll have to let you know. Do I have your email address?
Steve