August 14, 2007

Remembering One of Our "Family"

The following comment was added to a previous post, but I was thinking that few people might see it there, and it was something I just wanted to share as part of the "Banner family." My post referenced the recent homegoing of Pastor Scott Petersen, indeed a part of this "Banner family," and one who enjoyed that special preaching and fellowship of the Banner Ministers' Conference. Anyway, here's the note from Peter to me (thanks, Peter).
Steve
-----------------------
Dear Steve, on behalf of the family and friends of Scott Petersen, I would like to thank you for your prayers and good work. Scott greatly appreciated your work at BOT and loved the Banner Conference. Though I had bought Banner books and subscribed to BOT, Scott got me attending BOT beginning with the 2005 Conference, and D.V., I shall continue. Scott was a dear friend and mentor to me, and the man who ordained me. He was a champion of biblical Christianity in a place and a denomination where many hearts have grown cold. May his life be a call to all to return to our First Love, whole-heartedly, and at any cost. Because I love Christ and Scott, I say, Soli Deo Gloria!
Rev. Peter Butler Jr.
www.secondrefirvington.blogspot.com

No comments: