August 28, 2007

17,880 OF THEM ... HERE ... TODAY!

I didn't actually count them, but that's what they tell me just got rolled into our U.S. warehouse ... 17,880 leather copies of "The Valley of Vision." You do have a copy of this, right? And even extras to give as gifts? Ahhhhh, let me pass along some of the comments I've found out there on the Web with regard to this title. Grace & peace. Steve
------------------------
"Only redeemed people who persevered to know God personally and in a real, intimate, and unpretentious way could have penned such powerful, honest, illuminating words of worship and prayer. I am humbled yet encouraged by the richness of these expressions of faith. I am amazed by the metaphors weaved throughout which use the big and the small of God's creation helping me to see His wonder in ways I've not seen before. Next to my daughter Laura, these words inspire me to be a better Christian. Next to my bible, they have become the basis of my prayer life." (B.P., Pittsburgh, PA)
------------------------
"We purchased about 20 of the leather bound edition of this book and gave them as graduation gifts to both high school and college students. We have received numerous thanks for the book telling us they use it as preparation for prayer and devotions." (S.K.)
------------------------
"Discovered this book when I learned it was one of the favorites of the (Billy) Graham family, esp. Ruth Graham.These puritan prayers draw you to meditate on the awesomeness of God. Beautifully written. Will draw you to the Word of God and to fellowship with Him." (L.O., Tulsa, OK)
------------------------
"I found this to be the best devotional I have seen. Makes you examine your life & walk with the Lord & reminds you of the wonderful things he has done for you. Very in-depth." (M.R., Tequesta, FL)
------------------------
"I have never been a fan of printed prayers, believing instead that the Christian should pray to God spontaneously. However, this book is breathtakingly beautiful in its heart for God. I read one every morning and have shed tears while reading the prayers. You can almost feel the heart for God of the authors as they beseeched God to guide them in His mercy. They hold true completly for today. If the language of the time bothers you, you could simply substitute 'you or your' for 'thy or thine'. I pray them the way they were written. This is an absolutely wonderful and spiritual book. Don't hesitate to purchase it." (S.S., Clover, SC)

No comments: