August 29, 2007

Banner of Truth Welcomes "THE REAVELYS"

Last January, I visited the blog of one pastor from just outside of Portland, Oregon. When I mentioned here on this blog that I was headed to the Northwest back then, he emailed me, asking if we could have coffee together. It was then that I first met Pastor Scott Reavely. Several months later, Scott told me that he would be bringing his family east for the family vacation of a lifetime. I will never forget that email; he listed three "must-see" sites on the east coast: (1) our nation's capitol; (2) Gettysburg battlefield; and (3) Banner of Truth! Hehe, I loved it! Today we got to welcome Pastor Scott, his wife Marcia, their son Taylor, and their daughters Lauren, Leslie, Lisa and Layne (I sense an "L" theme after Taylor came along!). What a delight to meet them all, give them a tour and teach them our "Homeschooling 101" class on Banner of Truth. And what timing! They visited us just one day after our shipment of leather Valley of Vision books arrived from China with ten damaged copies from that corner box on the bottom of a pallet. 50% off leather "Valley of Vision" ... a great deal! :-)
Thank you, Scott, and the rest of the family, too, for letting me share in your life and special vacation memories. I hope we have more contact in the future. Grace & peace. Steve.
-----------------
Scott pastors New Life Church, West Linn, Oregon ... a suburb of Portland.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Mr. Burlew! We had a great time with you! You are a huge blessing. And I can't wait to read my Valley of Vision... leather. ;)