August 23, 2007

It was 18 years and 10 months ago when this picture could have been me at home - a brand new dad amazed that fingers could be so small. Today, those tiny fingers are now attached to what you see pictured here, on the right. And tomorrow (Friday) morning, our family will take those fingers, along with the rest of our oldest daughter and LOTS AND LOTS OF STUFF (or so I'm told) to begin life away from Mom and Dad and her two sisters ... on her own, with God. And if I continue this thought beyond what I've already typed, I will have problems seeing my computer screen. Where DOES the time go? Amazing - We will miss her.
With that in mind, I'm going to postpone our "Fabulous Friday" list until next week. I guess my mind has been elsewhere today. Thanks for your prayers, the emails that some of you have sent, and even the couple of calls I've had with a few of you today. Always good to hear from you. I'm "off" tomorrow, so will catch you back here next week. Grace & peace. Steve.
ADDENDUM, FRIDAY NIGHT - We're back home. It was a good day, but this is hard. All in time, right? Good night.

3 comments:

David Reimer said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, Steve, from another "dad" who will be facing similar circumstances in a few weeks' time!

David Reimer

Anonymous said...

I've been through this twice with my sons, and while it's good to see them grow up and mature and take this next step in their lives, the house sure feels empty and far too quiet. It hit me hard when the first son went off to college 600 miles away, but when the second (and last) son went off to college, I felt devastated for several months.

Terry Delaney said...

Brother,

I will be praying that God grants peace during this time to you and your wife. Trust that if you were faithful in raising her in the way she should go and she will not depart from it. I praise God that she has a Christian heritage. Speaking from the perspective of not having that, I hope she does not take that for granted. God bless, brother.