May 29, 2007

Greetings, from the 2007 Banner of Truth Ministers' Conference

We are off to a GREAT start. I can't believe the number of guys who are here from various seminaries and cities that I've visited over the last year, or from last year's Ministers' Conference. It's great to see them again, many of whom I've had email contact with sometime during the past 12 months. I can remember most, even if just the fact that the face is familiar. Ben Short kicked off the conference this afternoon with a great encouragement and challenge - For me, to live is Christ. Tonight, it's Sinclair Ferguson at the pulpit, followed by his whirlwind bookstore tour - what a fun time of sharing his knowledge of many of the books and reducing the price of some of the books he touches! The room was so crowded, and hot! Sorry, guys. Somehow, we'll need to do it a bit differently whenever Sinclair returns in a future year.

FOLLOW THE CONFERENCE YOURSELF:
If you'd like to follow the details of the conference, please visit Tony Reinke's "Shepherd's Scrapbook" blog. Tony is here with us - yes, really! Great to meet you, Tony! - and is "live blogging" all of the sessions, even with pictures! You can visit Tony's site by clicking here.
We're also glad to have Ryan Thompson with us from Iowa. Ryan is a professional photographer who is documenting this year's conference with great photos. I'm sure I'll be sharing some of them with you in the next week or so.
More to come. Steve.

3 comments:

KC Armstrong said...

Hey Steve,

Wish I was there...maybe next year. See you in Atlanta!

In Christ,
KC

Steve Burlew said...

Indeed. Atlanta. Looking forward to it, KC.

Rileysowner said...

So I was not the only one who blogged the various sessions. I will have to check this out.