May 30, 2007

A Conference Attendee's WIFE Speaks Out! :-)

This is absolutely TOO GOOD for me not to share. It is a from the blog of a woman whose husband is here at the Banner of Truth Ministers' Conference.
-----------------------------
DATE: Sunday, May 27, 2007
TITLE: "He's Leaving Me"
Well a day, well a day... in 7 1/2 hours my hubbie is leaving me for one week (well okay, 5 days). Justin and I will be holding down the fort without my dear heart by my side. He has new to us tires on the van. He has it all cleaned spic and span. He is all packed and ready to ride. :) Leaving at 6:30 in the morning. Where is he going you ask? He is going to his all-time favourite pastor's conference! The Banner of Truth US Conference. Saying that he is excited is probably the under-statement of the year. He was even asking me today where the iron was for ironing his clothes. He NEVER irons his clothes (not that I do either - just to make the perfectly clear). So, all I can do is blame his excitement. Wish him well with me! :) Oh...what does he like about it all?
1. good solid teaching
2. the ride down with other pastors - he drives the van, they go down a night early, they have all their favourite stops etc
3. meeting other conservative male preachers and elders. :)
4. THE BOOK SHOP!!!! What pastor doesn't like a good book store .. especially one where you get good bang for your buck! AND
5. they give him a new shirt almost every year. He likes new shirts. :)
-----------------------
I hope he liked the shirt ... and I hope he liked a bit more than the shirt, too! If you find yourself wishing you were here - well - we announced the dates for next year's conference. They are May 27-29, 2008. How about you put it on your calendar, even now?
Grace & peace. Steve

14 comments:

David Reimer said...

Shirts? They give away BANNER OF TRUTH shirts?!

I've never seen them in the Edinburgh warehouse! :(

(Note to self: memorize Exodus 20:17)

:)

David Reimer

KC Armstrong said...

I'm still waiting for my t-shirt...Beth said it was on the way!

Steve Burlew said...

Certainly, David. You mean they don't give shirts on the other side of the pond? Hmmmm. I guess this falls into the "anything that is your neighbor's" category, doesn't it? Email me size and address, you just might be surprised at what happens.
:-)
steve@banneroftruth.org

Steve Burlew said...

Ahhhhh, my good friend-who-still-wants-a-t-shirt KC! Beth is probably correct, given the fuller definition of "on its way." I think the cotton to be used in its manufacture is still growing, however.
:-)
I am looking forward to being with you, brother, in Atlanta in July.

Annette said...

hey...that was really cool that you quoted me but hey...where's the link? Smiling here on a tired Friday morning. :) Click here!

jc said...

Is the shirt that is given away the same shirt you, Steve, are wearing in Tony's blog?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/222/522821855_0c646c1069.jpg

Steve Burlew said...

JC - No, that's one of the button-down oxfords I usually wear at conferences where Banner is exhibiting. Each year at the Ministers' Conference, we give away a dated polo shirt (with the year on it). You can see me with mine on in the ninth picture down out of the list of pictures I posted today. It's fun to see the guys wearing various shirts that were given away at previous conferences.

Steve Burlew said...

By the way, JC - That wide lense of Tony's (by his own admission when we were standing together there in the warehouse late Wednesday night) made my face look a little more stretched out than what I normally see staring back at me from a mirror!
:-)

jc said...

Steve,
Stretched horizontally or vertically?
Based on your other pics, or on my imagination, I'm guessing you meant horizontally.

8-)

JC

jc said...

I've just taken a look at the 9th pic (http://bp3.blogger.com/_MEP8kfgdxLE/RmB84zdqMoI/AAAAAAAAAlE/liKL71PxWio/s1600-h/IMG_1971.JPG).
Looks nice. Brown color.
If the colors change every year, a faithful conference attender could soon have a rainbow wardrobe! 8-)

Steve Burlew said...

The colors do change every year, JC, but I don't think the rainbow look is what we're really going after. Actually, this year's color was "taupe."
:-)
Last year, burgundy - The year before, black - Next year? Hmmmm, top secret!
;-)

Rileysowner said...

I vote for navy blue or hunter green. This years colour just isn't my colour. :)

Rileysowner said...

BTW, that is my wife you were quoting :)

Annette said...

I like the shirt....I might wear it. Really doesn't suit my hubbie...and I NEED a new shirt anyways. :) Cheers!