July 31, 2007

When Tim Challies Speaks ...

This has been a day when I've been pulled and tugged in every direction. Ever had a day like that? And as part of the day, as some of you know, we've been scrambling to respond to Tim Challies' mention of this little excellent paperback. We haven't sold many copies lately of The Cross He Bore, but let Tim mention the book and .... whew! While our stock got totally wiped out today, I assure you that we are working closely with the incredible guys at Westminster Bookstore to get more copies "across the pond" without delay. In the meantime, if you didn't see Tim's comment, here it is: "I was poking around a little bit today and found what I consider to be just a great deal. I'm posting for no other reason than to tell you that this represents what I'm sure you'll agree is the best $4.03 you'll ever spend. It's one of my all-time favorites and a book worth reading at least once per year. If you disagree and are absolutely convinced that another item worth $4.03 would have been a better buy, well, tell me what it is because I don't believe it's possible. That is all." - Tim Challies
-------------------
For information about Frederick Leahy, click HERE.
To read about Leahy's last book, The Hand of God, the manuscript of which he mailed to the Banner on the day he was called home to be with the Lord, click HERE.
-------------------
ADDENDUM, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1st - Our Edinburgh warehouse is air-shipping all of their copies of "The Cross He Bore" to us, but sadly, it will not be enough for the current number of orders. I have been assured that we will reprint it, but that process will take some time. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: