July 14, 2007

All But One of The New Titles Have Arrived

Just so you know, we now have the following five new July releases in the Banner of Truth U.S. warehouse:
(1) Sketches from Church History: Student Workbook
(2) Let Christ Be Magnified: Calvin's Teaching for Today
(3) Love Rules: The Ten Commandments for the 21st Century
(4) Raising Children God's Way - D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
(5) The Life and Times of George Whitefield - Robert Philips
We are expecting to receive Walter Chantry's new book, "David: Man of Prayer, Man of War," closer to the end of July. I realize the Web site (www.banneroftruth.org) doesn't reflect these new titles as being available yet, but check back on Monday. I have high hopes that we'll get them up on that home page as soon as we can come the start of the new week. Grace & peace. Steve

7 comments:

Larissa said...

I cannot express my and my husbands appreciation for the ministry you and Banner of Truth offer to believers today! These titles look amazing, as is everything that I have read from Banner! I hope Banner knows that even reformed baptist like us are in great need of Christ exhalting, heart revealing works such as these! Blessings!

Steve Burlew said...

Larissa - Thank you so much for your kind words. But why do you say "even reformed baptists like us"?
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be of further encouragement to you. And I do mean that, sincerely.
Steve B.

Anonymous said...

My husband has since informed me that Banner does publish some baptistic works; I was simply under the impression that most of the publications of Banner are by presbyterians and puritans (obviously excluding Bunyan which I assumed to be the exception!) I apologize for my misconceptions! I just read so many presbyterians from your publications I assumed that Banner was like Westmister Seminary, having to hold to the Westminster Confession, I am probably assuming in that area too!

jc said...

I think BoT is a cooperation between particular baptists and Presbyterian/Reformed folks.

Steve Burlew said...

No need to apologize, Larissa. Banner does not have any official denominational ties (i.e. Presbyterian vs. Baptist), but is solidly Christian and solidly reformed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't! All I know is that I love reading your publications!

Steve Burlew said...

Sounds good ... keep reading!