November 16, 2007

QUOTES FOR TODAY:

"Be content, ye are his wheat growing in our Lord's field. And if wheat, ye must go under our Lord's threshing instrument, in his barn-floor, and through his sieve, and through his mill to be bruised, as the Prince of your salvation, Jesus was (Isa. 53:9), that ye may be found good bread in your Lord's house."

"I am most gladly content that Christ breaketh all my idols
in pieces: it hath put a new edge upon my blunted love to Christ. I see he is jealous of my love, and will have all to himself."

"Lighten your heart by laying your all upon him.... Frame
yourself for Christ, and gloom not upon his cross."
================================
Taken from the recently released Banner of Truth, "The Loveliness of Christ: Extracts from the Letters of Samuel Rutherford", published in a wonderful antique-looking soft cover binding.

No comments: