November 15, 2007

QUOTES FOR THE DAY

Taken from the recently released Banner of Truth, "The Loveliness of Christ: Extracts from the Letters of Samuel Rutherford", published in a wonderful antique-looking soft cover binding.

TODAY'S QUOTES:

"I have a lover, Christ, and yet I want love for him. I have a lovely and desirable Lord, who is love-worthy, and who beggeth my love and heart, and I have nothing to give him. Dear brother, come further in on Christ, and see a new treasure in him: come in, and look down and see angels' wonder, and heaven and earth's wonder of love, sweetness, majesty, and excellency in him."

"Dry wells send us to the fountain."

"No pen, no words, no image can express to you the loveliness of my only, only Lord Jesus."
===================================
For more information or to purchase this book at 25% discount, CLICK HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought two of them, one for me and one for a Christmas gift. How I wish I had enough money to buy one for every member of the congregation I pastor (It would take over $1000!). Rutherford stole my heart in the large volume of his letters last year. I am please with both the quality of this little gem, and hope Banner will do as Derek Thomas suggested at the conference and do the same thing with Calvin's Golden Booklet of the Christian Life. Pastor Fox

Steve Burlew said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Pastor Fox! "The Loveliness of Christ" has quickly become a favorite of mine, as well! I'm glad you like it. At least point your congregation to it so they know what sort of gem is available to them!
Grace & peace ...
Steve