November 12, 2007

QUOTE FOR THE DAY

I really, REALLY like this new title from Banner! It is Samuel Rutherford's, "The Loveliness of Christ," and Banner has published it in this soft cover binding that makes the book look as if it's so very, very old! It is a collection of quotations from "The Letters of Samuel Rutherford" and, upon the suggestion from the man who, for many years, occupied this office where I now sit, I'm going to try to pass along some "Quotes For the Day" here on the blog. I hope you enjoy them; I also hope you plan to give several of these books as gifts in the coming weeks!
Grace & peace to you!
Steve
==========================
The great Master Gardener, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, in a wonderful providence, with his own hand, planted me here, where by his grace, in this part of his vineyard, I grow; and here I will abide till the great Master of the vineyard think fit to transplant me.
The Loveliness of Christ, Samuel Rutherford

No comments: