December 1, 2006

Author of "Elizabeth Prentiss" Interviewed

What a great way to finish off a week. Bill Feltner, a friend of mine at the Pilgrim Radio Network (western U.S.), just recorded an interview with Sharon James, author of Banner of Truth's book, "Elizabeth Prentiss: More Love to Thee." What an delight to speak with Sharon. You may or may not know, but Elizabeth Prentiss lived in the 1800s and wrote the well-known novel, "Stepping Heavenward," and hymn, "More Love to Thee, O Christ." Through much tragedy, including the death of her 3-year old son, Eddie, and 1-month old daughter, Bessie, Elizabeth embraced God, most specifically the sovereignty of God, knowing that God never makes a mistake! Anyway, Sharon shares some of the great encouragement that she has gleaned from her study of Elizabeth's life. You can hear the interview through Pilgrim Radio's Web site. It will be broadcast Monday, December 11th at three different times: 5:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., and 12:00 midnight (all times given are USA east coast times). I would seriously encourage you to log in for it; just click on the link and follow the instructions to "listen now." Wishing you a great weekend!
Steve

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, brother! I just wanted you to know that you have a typo in your Pilgrim Radio link.
(I'm checking it out now) See you on Sunday, Lord willing!

Xapis,

Sean

Steve Burlew said...

Hey there, Sean! You are right. I mean, you WERE right, but as soon as I got your note, I fixed the link. Indeed, see you Sunday (I'm "on" for leading prayer meeting this week, right?).
Steve

Anonymous said...

Yes, sir! I'll be in Pittsburgh! Thanks for letting me lead last week in your stead.

jc said...

Am having trouble listening to the streaming audio. Wish they had a downloadable mp3 or ogg version of the interview.

Steve Burlew said...

Jef - I am trying to work with the folks at Pilgrim Radio to see what we can do. Stay tuned, and I'll let you (and everyone) know what I learn.
Steve

jc said...

Steve,
Thanks!

Steve Burlew said...

Jef - Regarding trouble with Pilgrim Radio's audio stream on their Web site ... Their systems administrator said you need at least Windows 98 and the stream won't work on Web TV. Otherwise, he said it should work. If you want to give me more info, I'll do what I can to troubleshoot because you're probably not alone in this.
Steve