December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006

"He who comes from above is above all" (John 3:31).
I hope you had a wonderful celebration of His "coming from above"! As for us Burlews, we worshipped with our church family Christmas Eve, then enjoyed a fun (although rather late) family time at home. Christmas morning, at 8:30 a.m., I decided it was time for all to be up so sent our golden retriever upstairs to wake up her "sisters." My wife's mom arrived from next door and we were ready to begin. Our youngest, the "Squeekers" with me in the picture, read Luke 2 and I lead our family in prayer. Then, our tradition is for the person giving the gifts to distribute all the ones he/she is giving, beginning with the youngest. I like how it emphasizes the giving aspect, as well as the receiving. What fun! But what an opportunity to remember the greatest gift of all. Oh, how blessed a people we are!
Again, Merry Christmas!

No comments: