December 12, 2006

Coming Tomorrow: "Steve's Picks"

I'm pulling together a list of "Steve's Picks" that I hope to post tomorrow - books that I just go, "ohhhhhh, yeahhhhhh" whenever their title is mentioned. I'll try to put a little explanation, too, as to why I've chosen them.
In the meantime, give consideration to these words by David Brainerd (taken from "They Were Pilgrims"), "I have ever found it, when I have thought the battle was over and the conquest gained, and so let down my watch, the enemy has risen up and done me the greatest injury." May we all be on our guard, today, for our enemy is real. May we do as Brainerd did, "He might be racked with fever or fatigue, but he would not let a single hour slip through his fingers. He spent long hours on his knees and turned night into day in order to give himself to prayer. "

No comments: