January 30, 2007

It's On To Boston!

Tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, I take the Amtrak train to Boston where Banner will be exhibiting at "Vision New England" and reaching out to members of the church who perhaps haven't yet connected with the likes of Owen, Sibbes, Baxter and more. I may not sell lots of books, but our mission isn't necessarily to do that anyway. Instead, it's about impacting the church for the glory of God. I can't tell you how many people have come up to me and shared how their faith first went deep after reading a book like Owen's "Mortification of Sin," or Baxter's "Reformed Pastor." But there are still so many who haven't discovered that yet; many living on milk and swimming the shallow end when the time for meat and deep dives are long overdue. So, if you're in Boston, I'm staying at the Sheraton downtown. Look me up.

Grace & Peace, Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope your having a good trip!!!!!!
-Luke