December 30, 2007

Brief "Aloha" Greetings, from the Islands of Hawaii

Yes, if anyone has been wondering about my silence here on the blog, this should explain it. My wife and I are spending this week on the Hawaiian islands of Maui and Oahu. Actually, this is a business trip for my wife who, along with one other person, is consulting with a Christian school that has the desire to make some changes and expand. My wife is the Upper School Principal and, this year, Acting Head of School for a K-12 classical Christian school in the Harrisburg, PA area. As a dutiful and supportive spouse, I decided not to let my wife travel such a distance alone!
:-)
And while here, I plan to make a few visits this next week to a number of Banner of Truth accounts, including Covenant Books and Coffee, 1142 12th Avenue in Honolulu. I'm actually quite excited about visiting them; I'm not sure if someone from Banner has ever dropped in for a visit before! They seem to have established an interesting ministry by combining solid Christian literature with good coffee and even a lite cafe menu with soups, etc.
But that's next week. For now, it's the beaches of Maui and the hiking trails near Haleakala volcano (Oh, the mud that we got into during yesterday's hike as you can see in this picture with my wife in the distance!).
Blessings to all.
Steve

2 comments:

pruittcommunications said...

Steve,

Glad you and your wife could get to visit the beautiful islands. I would love to go back. Covenant Book and Coffee was a fun excursion for us. The soup is excellent and highly recommended.

Blessings,
Terry

Anonymous said...

Steve, I love the islands. I got to spend some time there while serving in the Navy and still have several good friends stationed there. Have fun enjoying the beautiful scenery there.