April 14, 2007

To the Pentagon, Washington, DC

I would like to enlist you (pardon the pun) to pray for me Monday, April 30. On that day, I will be inside the Pentagon building, working with the chaplains to distribute Christian literature to the military officers and others who work inside that building. We have shipped hundreds of Banner books to the Pentagon for distribution thanks to many who have donated funds to the Banner of Truth Book Fund. Who, but the Lord, knows what office or what desk any one of these books will end up on. Please pray that, as we scatter His Word within that building, God would take each book as a seed and plant it exactly where He wants it. If you'd be willing to pray, I wouldn't mind hearing from you as a means of encouragement. Leave a comment, and as always, I'll reply. Grace & peace. Steve

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve, I am glad to find your site. It will be nice to have updates of Banner. This ministry to DC sounds like a great idea. I will be praying for you and this work.Your Brother, Richard Rushing, rsrushing@aol.com

Steve Burlew said...

Richard! How good to hear from you. I have appreciated your work with the Banner. Thanks for praying!
Steve

Rebekah said...

What books are you planning on distributing?

Steve Burlew said...

I can't recall offhand, Rebekah. We received a list of desired books from the chaplains there. It is apparently something that happens several times a year, when they set up tables and make books available.

TimBix said...

This sounds like an exciting opportunity. We will pray that the Lord will connect the right books with the right people.

Steve Burlew said...

Thanks, Tim. I'd really appreciate it. And good to hear from you again, brother (since our time together there in Greenville). You doing ok?
Steve